Monday, September 12, 2016

Reading Fluency and Raz-Kids

Having your child listen to a Raz-Kids book several times and then record themselves reading is a great way to help them develop better reading fluency.

Reading fluency includes:

1.  Accuracy - Read all the words correctly!
2.  Rate - Don't read too fast or too slow!
3.  Expression - Don't sound like a robot!
4.  Punctuation - Stop when you see a period!  Ask a question when you see a question mark!

This week students are encouraged to listen to a book several times before they record themselves reading it.  After students record themselves reading, I can listen to them read from the comfort of my own home.  :o)  How cool is that!  After I listen to your child read, I will give them feedback telling them how they can improve and if they need to keep practicing that book.  Students can click on their messages to get feedback from me.  You may want to help your child read the feedback I give them.

To login into Raz-Kids go to www.raz-kids.com  and then click on the green KIDS LOGIN button in the top right hand corner.  The username is Graded1C

Students are encouraged to read as many Raz-Kids books as possible but at least one book for this week is the expectation.  Please contact me if you need any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment