Hello,
I hope you are well and adjusting to working at home and learning alongside your
child Padlet, Flipgrid, Zearn and all of the other programs that are now part of their
school day. Below I am attaching a quick summary of what will be covered next
week. All of the lessons are described in more detail daily in Google Classroom.
Also I have attached a few tutorials on some of the programs we will be using if
you would like to take a look.
Some important reminders-please read carefully
There will be a Math Mid Module assessment given this week on Wednesday. It will
cover lessons 1-8 and will be taken online. It will be shared on Wednesday in
Google Classroom. The questions are inked with the math program Eureka that
Graded uses. To prepare your child should be looking over questions in each chapter
in both their classwork and homework book.
The fourth grade team decided that work will be shared through Flipgrid. This means
that your child will share their answers using a video. There is also an option for
using a whiteboard. I will be explaining this during our class Zoom meeting on
Monday. I completely understand there will be a learning curve.
I spent a significant amount of time over the weekend reviewing many of the
assignments given last week. Throughout the week I will be sending email reminders
to your child if an assignment is missing. Please encourage your child to complete
any missed assignments.
Starting on Monday assignments will be released at the time they are scheduled.
This means that your child will only get their reading assignments at 8:00 and
then Language Arts at 9:00 and math at 11:30.If they complete an assignment
before the allocated time they can look at either the Challenge by Choice or
Virtual Tours options that are located under our daily assignments.
The Zoom link for both individual and class meetings is located above the
assignments each day. It is the same link.
Some students did not have the chance to get their math classwork book before
distance learning started. I can make PDF copies and send them to you if you need
them. Please let me know.
There will be a Math Mid Module assessment given this week on Wednesday. It will
cover lessons 1-8 and will be taken online. It will be shared on Wednesday in
Google Classroom. The questions are inked with the math program Eureka that
Graded uses. To prepare your child should be looking over questions in each chapter
in both their classwork and homework book.
The fourth grade team decided that work will be shared through Flipgrid. This means
that your child will share their answers using a video. There is also an option for
using a whiteboard. I will be explaining this during our class Zoom meeting on
Monday. I completely understand there will be a learning curve.
I spent a significant amount of time over the weekend reviewing many of the
assignments given last week. Throughout the week I will be sending email reminders
to your child if an assignment is missing. Please encourage your child to complete
any missed assignments.
Starting on Monday assignments will be released at the time they are scheduled.
This means that your child will only get their reading assignments at 8:00 and
then Language Arts at 9:00 and math at 11:30.If they complete an assignment
before the allocated time they can look at either the Challenge by Choice or
Virtual Tours options that are located under our daily assignments.
The Zoom link for both individual and class meetings is located above the
assignments each day. It is the same link.
Some students did not have the chance to get their math classwork book before
distance learning started. I can make PDF copies and send them to you if you need
them. Please let me know.



No comments:
Post a Comment