Dear Parents,
We have had an awesome beginning in 1st grade! The children are getting to know each other, becoming familiar with our routines, and enjoying the new classroom setting, responsibilities, and expectations. We have already begun reading in class as well as working with words and sounds. The children are working on learning how to correctly shape letters and numbers neatly. Math has been quite exciting with explorations, games, and hands-on materials. I am very excited to be working with such a lovely group of eager, attentive, and fun youngsters!
I will be sending homework beginning today. The students' folders will go home Mon-Thurs and should be returned the next morning. Students should be able to work independently.
This Thursday August 18 our class will have their first buddy meeting; our buddies are Ms. Kulikowski's 3rd graders. We will meet with them at 8:20 to bond and share a morning snack. So I ask that you send a snack with your child that morning- enough to share with somebody else. This event should be a lot of fun!
I look forward to meeting you at Open House on Thursday, August 25th!
Kind regards,
Susan Burnquist
No comments:
Post a Comment